At Maidenhead Golf Club we take your privacy seriously and this privacy statement explains what personal data or information we collect from you and from people who visit our website and how we use it.
Who are we?
Maidenhead Golf Club Limited (The) is a registered company (00330041) our registered office address is The Clubhouse, Shoppenhangers Road, Maidenhead, SL6 2PZ. For the purposes of Data Protection Maidenhead Golf Club is a registered data controller (ICO registration number: Z5373680).
What personal data or information do we collect?
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, IP address and information regarding what pages you access on our website and when.
How do we collect data or information from you?
• Make an enquiry via email, telephone or via our website.
• Use our website.
• Take part in a competition.
• When you choose to receive news, updates or press releases.
• Enquire about a job opportunity.
• Work for or with the golf club.
• Exchange business cards with a member of the golf club.
How is your information used?
We collect your personal data or information to operate our golf club effectively and provide you with the best information on our products and services.
We may use your information to:
• To administer your golf club membership.
• To answer enquiries that you make prior to any agreement or contract.
• To keep you informed about our services, our insight into golfing trends and best practice, and invites to events, if you have opted-in to receive these communications.
• Invitation to Open competitions.
• Notifying you of your results.
• To process payment(s) for green fee visitors.
• To process a job application.
• To fulfil our obligations as an employer.
• To provide benefits to you as an employee.
• To maintain security of our office and IT infrastructure.
• To invoice you, and to track payments you make or payments made to you.
We believe that all these purposes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and promoting the golf club, our contractual requirements to deliver the agreed membership services to you, and our legal obligations, both as a golf club and responsible employer. If you would like to know more, please read below:
• Prospective Members.
• Job Applicants, Our Current and Former Employees.
• Business Partners (e.g. professional golfer).
• Open Competition Entrants.
• Green fee visitors.
Details of our processing
Type of Data Held Length of Time Held How Data is Held
Members • Name and contact information.
• Emergency contact details.
• Information and documents relating to the membership we are providing, including communications with you.
.• Billing and payment information.
• Member’s handicap• Under 18’s medical conditions requiring treatment. We will retain information about you for the duration of your membership relationship with us, then for an additional 6 years.
We retain financial records for 6 years, following the end of the current financial year.
Handicap details are retained indefinitely Data is stored in Club Systems and BRS which is hosted in secure servers within / outside the EEA http://www.howdidido.com https://business.golfnow.com/privacy-policy/
Data is stored in Sage online which is hosted in secure servers within / outside the EEA https://www.sage.co.uk/uk/hrpayrollhero/privacy-policy
Handicap details are shared with howdidido https://www.howdidido.com
Prospective Members • Name and contact information• Information and documents relating to the services we are providing, including communications with you. We will retain information about you for the duration of the enquiry, then a further two years. Data is stored in Club Systems which is hosted in secure servers within / outside the EEA
• Name and contact information
• CV and application form. We will retain information about you for the duration of the recruitment campaign, then one year. Data is stored in manual records in locked filing cabinets and computer held records are password controlled.
Current and Former Employees
• Name, date of birth, and contact information
• National insurance number and Unique Tax Reference (UTR)
• Information relating to your qualifications and experience
• Information relating to performance reviews.
We will retain information about you for the duration of our contractual relationship with you, then for an additional 6 years. Data is stored on secure EEA-based servers.
• Contact details
• Bank details
• Description of the services bought We retain financial records for 6 years, following the end of the current financial year. Data is stored on secure UK-based servers.
Open Competition Entrants • Contact Details
• Dates of previous visits We retain open competition details are retained indefinitely Data is stored in manual records in locked filing cabinets and computer held records are password controlled.
We use a third-party provider, Club Systems, to deliver our members newsletters and competition invitations. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. As a member you can manage what electronic communications you receive from the club and can unsubscribe at any time.
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government standards. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your personal data or information to any third party or share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will disclose your data or information if required by law, for example by a court order or for the prevention of fraud or other crime.
We may pass your information on to our third-party service providers, agents or subcontractors (e.g. Digital Ocean) for the purposes of completing a task or providing services to you on our behalf (for example to manage your subscriptions). However, we disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver that service and have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
Third party services providers who act as data processors on our behalf:
My Home Office Ltd http://www.myhomeoffice.co.uk provide IT support to Maidenhead Golf Club and at times may be required to access our systems for maintenance, upgrade and support services. They cannot use the data we hold for their own purposes.
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
Keeping your data secure
When you give us personal information we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely and strive to protect it on our internal systems.
You have certain rights over the processing of your personal information by Maidenhead Golf Club. These are:
• The right to access the data we hold about you.
• The right to object to direct marketing.
• The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests.
• The right to erasure (in some circumstances).
• The right to data portability.
• The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate.
• The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing.
How you can update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your contact details or if you want to update any of the information we hold on you, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Maidenhead Golf Club, Shoppenhangers Road, Maidenhead, SL6 2PZ. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 01628 624693.
How you can access your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information Maidenhead Golf Club hold relating to you. To do this please contact us by email email@example.com or by post at Maidenhead Golf Club, Shoppenhangers Road, Maidenhead, SL6 2PZ. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 01628 624693.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 16/05/2018.